Sunday, March 1, 2009

March Snow..go figure.

Who would have guessed that we would have snow in March in Memphis. Actually it is probably not all that uncommon. I checked Saturday's weather forecast because I was planning on a long run sometime that day. According to weather.com I had only a couple hours in the morning after it stopped raining to get my run in. That afternoon there was a chance of some snow showers...yeah right. As it turns out I finished my run about 15 minutes before another wave of cold rain hit us. It soon turned into a mix of sleet and rain. We were excited but I still thought that would be about the extent of our winter weather. A while later the rain portion of that mix turned into some big wet snow flakes. As the day went on, the temperature got colder and the snow got drier...but it kept on falling.

And just in case you are wondering about my run, you can check it out at http://nikeplus.nike.com/nikeplus. Look me up and check on my progress.
Here you see Amos playing with his soccer ball in the snow. Just like a little kid, Amos loves to play in the snow. In fact, he got me up about 5 times during the night to go play. Thanks Amos.
Mommy braved the cold just long enough to snap a few shots of Addie and daddy playing in the snow early in the afternoon.
The snow is only about an inch deep at this point. Surely we weren't getting more than an inch.
Here is mommy and Addie on our walk this morning. Apparently it snowed most of the night. We ended up with about 8 inches of nice powdery snow.


This is a bit of a rare photo from Memphis, TN. The temperature was well below freezing at this point even though the sun was out. Usually day 2 doesn't look this pretty. The footprints in front of our house are from our young neighbors next door. They must not see snow too much either. They were up late last night playing around in the winter wonderland.

3 comments:

not up to code said...

Snow in March is rare enough but * inches! Wow.

not up to code said...

correction - 8"

Sara said...

Wow, I can't believe you all got that much snow. Looks like fun!